When we set out to build the ETF Miner, we knew that it would provide smarter ETF search results. Unlike traditional search tools that can’t “listen” to what you want, we built the ETF Miner to be more intuitive and robust on multiple levels. Here’s how the ETF Miner works.
Better ETF investing begins with ETF Miner
Ready to try out the ETF Miner?
You can search by entering one of the following:
- A keyword, for example, “green”
- A specific stock ticker symbol, for example, “Tesla”, “Apple” or
- The name of an ETF, or its ticker
In addition to the options above, you can also select one of the 6 “Trending” topics displayed under the keyword search bar.
Next, rank your ETF investment priorities by clicking on options for Size, Spread, Fee, and Tenure.
Rank the following in the order most important to you:
- Fee: ETFs come with fees that are indicated as a percentage of your investment on a yearly basis. You will see this percentage under “Expense Ratio” on the ETF detail card once you get your search results.
- Tenure: How long the ETF has been in existence, which is important as it speaks to its longevity.
- Size: The amount of money invested in the ETF. Assets Under Management (AUM) in ETFs. It’s important to think about ETFs AUM size in relation to the size of the market it’s in.
- Spread: The spread is the difference between the lowest price a trader is willing to sell the ETF for and the highest price a buyer is willing to pay. Like stocks, ETF bid-ask spreads widen and narrow for various reasons. Narrow spread usually is a lower cost to trade, while wider spread is usually a higher cost to trade.
Finally, enter your email address and click “Go Mine.”
Based on your choices, ETF Miner’s proprietary calculations recommend the top three ETFs that are best matched to you.
Under the hood: How the ETF Miner Works
Based on your search inputs, we pair natural language processing (NLP) with our institutional-level data analyses from prospectuses of all the available ETFs in the market right now.
The Miner searches around one hundred data points per ETF among dozens of metrics to determine the top three ETFs suited for you based on your preferences.
Other antiquated search tools simply can’t produce results as customized or targeted as the Miner can.
Find your ETF match
Now that you know how the ETF Miner works, try it out for yourself. It’s free to use, so use it as many times as you’d like.
With ETF Miner, you’ll be able to cut through a complicated and oversaturated market of products to find the top three ETFs that are right for you.
When we set out to build the ETF Miner, we knew that it would provide smarter ETF search results. Not only does it listen to what you want, but it puts you, the informed investor, in control of how to invest and what to invest in, like never before.